What is Internet Things IoT?
Internet Things IoT is connecting any device (thing) to the internet with an on and off switch. It helps to achieve automation with accuracy. Deals with networking of numerous small devices.
At the simplest level, IoT is a combination of
- Embedded OS: Sensors and data collection – Embedded Technology (ET),
- Middleware: networking and passing data – Network Technology (NT) and
- Data Cloud Platforms – Information Technology (IT)
How Internet Things IoT Explained?
- Artificial Intelligence: Making things “smart”. Detecting for themselves (difference in temperature, humidity, pressure etc…) and communicating to other devices through AI.
- Connectivity: Small and cheap networking between devices
- Sensors: Most important factor of IoT. Transforms IoT from passive to active engagement.
- Active engagement: transfer of data continuously from device to device through Internet
- Small Devices: IoT uses small, cheaper and more powerful devices.
Applications of IoT – Domains of use:
- Mobile and wearable devices
- Product Sales and Marketing
- Industrial IoT (IIoT)
- Aerospace and Defense
- Smart City IoT
- Telecom and Networking
Amazon Web Services IoT Platform
Cisco IoT Cloud Connect.
Zebra Zatar Cloud
Salesforce IoT Cloud
ThingWorx (Acquired by PTC)
IBM Watson IoT
Autodesk Fusion Connect
Internet Things Development tools:
- Arduino: an easy-to-use hardware and software tool for making computers than can sense and control more of the physical world than your desktop computer
- Raspberry Pi
- Eclipse IoT: Eclipse IoT provides technology needed to build IoT Devices, Gateways, and Cloud Platforms.
- Node-Red: editor which makes it very easy to wire together flows using nodes in the palette that can be deployed to its runtime in a single-click
- Dronesmith: IoT space
- IFTTT: home automation
- M2MLabs Mainspring: machine to machine (M2M) applications for remote monitoring, fleet management or smart grid
Visit our website Click4learning for more Online Training needs.
Contact us today to learn about Internet of Things Course